What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out from such computer.
This website uses some cookies to improve user experience and thus be able to offer content adapted to their interests.
Type of Cookies and purposes of use
When browsing our website, session cookies and persistent cookies are used, which, in turn, may be own or third-party cookies.
Session Cookies are Cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion.
Persistent Cookies are a type of Cookies in which the data, as its name already indicates, are still stored in the terminal, for a certain period of time that can range from a few minutes to several years.
Next we will detail in the following list the purposes of own and third-party Cookies, used at https://medcan.es/ and https://shop.medcan.es/ indicating each third party and the purposes of each information they store:
- Session cookies Those created by the person in charge of the MEDCAN website, in order to enable the information notice and manage consent on the installation of Cookies and to ensure that users who contact us through the contact form of this website are human and not automated applications. In this way we fight spam.
This website uses the following third-party cookies, Those managed by advertising, personalization and analysis service providers outside MEDCAN:
- Google: each time a user visits a web page or service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics) generates an analytical cookie on the user’s device. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to MEDCAN, to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives pursued are:
- To allow the anonymous identification of the navigating users through the “cookie” (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their tendency in terms of time.
- To identify anonymously the most visited contents and therefore the more attractive content for users.
- To know if the user who is accessing is new or a repeat visitor.
These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes in order to collect metrics on the use of our website and online store.
- Shopify: E-commerce platform where our online store is hosted, every time a user visits our store, a tool from an external provider (Shopify) generates Cookies necessary for the security and proper functioning of this and other marketing to optimize and make the advertising and ads displayed more relevant.
What Cookies do we use?
Below, we detail the cookies we use for more information from all users of our website and online store:
|shop.medcan.es||_cfduid||Cookie used by the Cloudfare content network, to identify trusted web traffic.||1 month||Necessary|
|_ga||Google Analytics cookies. They are used to distinguish users, personalization, advertising, and analytics.||2 years||Statistics|
|_gat||Used by Google Analitycs to control the request rate.||1 day||Statistics|
|_gid||Google Analitycs cookies that record a unique identification that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||Statistics|
|shop.medcan.es||_landing_page||Stores visitor navigation by registering landing pages.||13 days||Marketing|
|shop.medcan.es||_orig_referer||Cookie that is used to collect information about a visitor for ad exchanges.||13 days||Marketing|
|medcan.es||_s||Collect data on visitor behavior and interaction. This is used to optimize the website and make advertising on it more relevant.||1 day||Marketing|
|medcan.es||_shopify_fs||Collect data on visitor behavior and interaction. This is used to optimize the website and make advertising on it more relevant.||2 years||Marketing|
|medcan.es||_shopify_s||Collect data on visitor behavior and interaction. This is used to optimize the website and make advertising on it more relevant.||1 day||Marketing|
|_shopify_sa_p||Collect data on visitor behavior and interaction. It also allows detecting any reference from other websites.||1 day||Marketing|
|medcan.es||_shopify_sa_t||Collect data on visitor behavior and interaction. It also allows detecting any reference from other websites.||1 day||Marketing|
|shop.medcan.es||cart_sig||Cookie necessary for a disconnection and secure payment function on the web. Function provided by shopify.com||13 days||Necessary|
|google-analitycs.com||collect||It is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and its behavior.||Session||Statistics|
|medcan.es||cookie_notice||Cookie that stores the acceptance or not of cookies on the web.||1 month||Necessary|
|shop.medcan.es||cookietest||Cookie that is used to determine if the visitor has accepted the cookie use authorization box.||Session||Necessary|
|shop.medcan.es||secure_customer_sig||Cookie that is used to securely store the customer's credentials when processing a purchase. This cookie is essential to carry out a secure electronic transaction.||20 years||Necessary|
|v.shopify.com||storefront/page||Necessary for the shopping cart function of the online store to remember and store the products chosen by the user of the web.||Session||Necessary|
|v.shopify.com||storefront/sesión-atribution||Necessary for the shopping cart function of the online store to remember and store the products chosen by the user of the web.||Session||Necessary|
|v.shopify.com||storefront/track||Cookie that allows you to offer related products to the visitor, based on the content of your shopping cart.||Session||Necessary|
|medcan.es||swpm_session||Identifies the user who is logged in. A unique session identification is linked to the user so that he is identified when browsing the website.||Session||Necessary|
Acceptance of Cookies
The User must take into account that some characteristics of the contents of the web page are only available if the installation of Cookies in their browser is allowed. If you decide not to accept or block certain Cookies (depending on their purpose), this may affect, in whole or in part, the normal operation of the website or prevent access to some of its services.
The user accepts the installation of cookies, unless he or she rejects, as detailed in this Cookies Policy.
At all times the user has the possibility to accept or reject the installation of cookies. In addition, after each session you can delete all or some of the stored cookies. Also the user can activate:
- Private browsing, through which your browser stops saving your browsing history, website passwords, cookies and other information on the pages you visit, or
- The function of not tracking, by which the browser asks the websites you visit not to track your browsing habits, for example, to serve you advertising of your interest in the sites you visit.
How to disable cookies in the browser.
Most browsers currently allow the users to configure if they wish to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
We recommend consulting the help of your browser for information about the different options you have to manage cookies. Below, we provide the links to be able to manage cookies in the most popular browsers: